Director of Planning
Randy Mielnik, Planner
Randy was hired full time in July 2018.
Office Hours: Monday 7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Tuesday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., drop-in or by appointment. (Closed Friday, Saturday, & Sunday)
Location: 13235 Center Road, Traverse City, Michigan 49686
Telephone (231) 223-7314
Please note: if unable reach me, please also contact Christina Deeren, Zoning Administrator, at 231-223-7318 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will return your call or email as soon as possible.
The Planning Department’s primary duties include:
- Assisting the Planning Commission and Township Board on Master Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and General Ordinance issues
- Supporting the Parks and Recreation Commission
- Reviewing Special Land Use Permits
- Issuing land use / zoning permits as needed
- Implementing the Purchase of Development Rights program
- Advising the land development community
- Assisting the public on a day-to-day basis